Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Every Nurse Needs Insurance!!

 I have posted before on why nurses should obtain malpractice insurance and the myths nurses are told that keeps them from protecting themselves.  Once again I have to present options to a client and because of the HUGE expense of fighting the BON, the nurse is unable to make the BON prove up the allegations with evidence.  Over and over, I shake my head with disgust that a nurse has to settle for discipline when the facts of the case do not support discipline.  Until nurses have the financial ability to fight the BON, the Board will continue to do what they want and continue to increase the level of discipline and to impose discipline when it is not warranted.  Please buy insurance and if you are not sure, read my earlier posts on exposing the myths.